[b-hebrew] Author of the Torah

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Fri Jul 29 22:12:12 EDT 2005

Chris wrote:
 and the fact that Hananiah has to bring
instructions for these festivals from outside Egypt may in fact imply
that the Elephantine Jews did not have a copy of the Torah. I would
say that the evidence from Ezra-Nehemiah and Elephantine, read
generously, suggests that the Torah was nearing its canonical form in
the 5th century, but not there yet.
end qote.

So in preference of well acknowledged you base your dating on 'may imply'.

I am interested in hearing your model that would explain how the nation
of isreal was duped into believing the scroll was authored by Moshe'.

Security System.