[b-hebrew] Author of the Torah

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Fri Jul 29 19:40:51 EDT 2005

What are you talking about?
I have objectively considered the evidence considered and have even
altered my understanding of the texts quoted on the basis of the
evidence provided.

The least you could do is have the same humble attitude and give
thought to my answers!

What do you take issue with?
You also do well to remember that it is you who is going against
hundreds of years of Jewish tradition and not I, so you would do
well to defend your position and not just condescendingly tell me
to go read someone else's book. I'm interested in hearing primary
sources *not* the highly works of self-appointed 'scholars'.
If you are able to adequately refute my answers, which seem adequate
to me then your reasoning is obviously flawed.

Do you believe that two warring kingdoms contributed in a conspiracy
to fool two opposing nations into believing that Moshe wrote a scroll
that he did not?
Do you believe that a nation would all decide that they came out of
slavery in Egypt for no apparent reason?
Don't you think that some of the grandparents who were alive at the
time would have said 'No we didn't! We were nomads from the desert
and we just decided to make it all up so that we could convince you
yougsters to go and kick some canaan butt so that we could have some
fertile land for a change.'???
Don't you think that your views are just a little paranoid and are
currently not backed up by anything more than the fact that you
cannot accept that *sometimes* people in the past were actually
honest, especially when they believed they would be destroyed for
bearing a false witness!???
So please tell me! What in my model do you refute?