[b-hebrew] Author of the torah

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Fri Jul 29 17:17:06 EDT 2005

On Friday 29 July 2005 13:06, Jim West wrote:
> You guys are making the mistake of globalizing the localized.  This
> "torah" can be just a few lines and in fact that is what the passages
> flying around now imply.  "God said, don't steal, don't kill, don't
> adulterate"- Moses, write down this "instruction" (torah). which you all
> have made to mean "THE Torah" or the whole thing.  Moses, if he existed
> at all, cannot be credited with authorship in any comprehensible way.

And this is based on..............?  Nothing, as far as I can see, except the
oft-discredited DH idea and its various progeny.  Perhaps it is you who are
making the mistake of localizing the globalized.  The fact is, you don't
know.  This is just the view you prefer.

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur