[b-hebrew] Author of the Torah

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Fri Jul 29 15:55:08 EDT 2005

On 29/07/2005 20:46, Brian Roberts wrote:

>On Friday, July 29, 2005, at 03:13  PM, Dave Washburn wrote:

>>>What is the evidence to show that these references are to the canonical
>>>Torah?
>>>

>>What alternative interpretation can you offer?
>>

>I would also want to know which canon is being referred to here? The
>universal elements shared by all canons? Or are talking about LXX versus
>Masoretic again? Or the Christian OT?

The books of Moses in the Christian OT are precisely what is in the
Masoretic text, at most give or take a very few textual uncertainties.
For these books this text is very close to the ancient LXX translation,
which is nevertheless a translation which no one would claim to be the
original words of Moses. So there is no doubt what is meant by the
canonical Torah.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/