[b-hebrew] Verbs, text-segmenting and clause-types

B. M. Rocine brocine at twcny.rr.com
Fri Jul 29 13:55:53 EDT 2005

Hi Harold,  It is indeed a powerful and intriguing passage.

you wrote:

I had some trouble
> with this line:
>

>>Yet it is our sickness he is bearing
>

> Here the verb is X-Qatal, but my training would not lead me to use a
> present progressive in translation.

Fair enough.  I should have written, "He bears" or "He has born"  Better?

I think some of your questions may be answered in my other post to Rolf
in this thread.  For instance, I mention _hinneh_ and the use of present
tense for prophecy.  If your questions are not satisfied by that post,
throw them back at me!  ;-)

Shalom,
Bryan Rocine

<noted and snipped>