[b-hebrew] Verbs, text-segmenting and clause-types

Rolf Furuli furuli at online.no
Fri Jul 29 02:37:17 EDT 2005

Dear Bryan,

Any translation is based upon the translator`s understanding of the SL and
the TL, his or her translation philosophy, the target group etc. Given your
principles your translation is excellent.

I have acouple of questions:

1. Do you view the whole text as referring to the future, i.e. do you see
each action as an action where reference time comes after the deictic
center?

2. You imply that sentence initial YIQTOLs do not always express the
sentiments of the speaker. If my understanding is correct, is there a way to
know when it does and when it does not?

Best regards

Rolf Furuli
University of Oslo