[b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Thu Jul 28 10:54:52 EDT 2005

On 28/07/2005 14:25, Read, James C wrote:

> When I was talking about coincidence I meant the coincidence
> that not only are there strong linguistic evidences for a yahowah/
> yehowah pronunciation but that also these missionaries evidently
> used it as well.

Well, that's not a coincidence if the missionaries were using something
like KJV, which uses "Jehovah" at least sometimes, because the
translators (rather uncritically) accepted the same kinds of evidence
for this pronunciation that has been put forward here.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/