[b-hebrew] Fwd: Re: YHWH

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Thu Jul 28 08:28:13 EDT 2005

On 28/07/2005 07:19, Yitzhak Sapir wrote:

>... Also,
>I don't see Sujata or you cite any specific verses that say "when I
>refer to other
>gods, I mean handmade objects."  For example, Psalm 115 appears to hold
>that point of view, but that's not God speaking.  On the other hand, Judges
>11:23 - 24 appears to very clearly hold the viewpoint that Kemosh is a
>real god.

That isn't God speaking either, it is Jephthah, who may not have been an
Israelite at all and certainly had a religion not compatible with later
Jewish religion e.g. in how he sacrificed his daughter. Yes, there were
polytheists etc around during Bible times. But that does not mean that
the Bible teaches polytheism.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/