[b-hebrew] VERBS

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 14:20:05 EDT 2005

This is why I continue to hold that the phrase is the basic unit
of translation and not the word. 'Started to build' is a fixed
phrase with its own immutable meaning, which as already observed
is conditional on societies mutual decision to understand this
meaning.
We are yet to receive simplistic answers from Rolf about how his
research should affect translation of verbs. This is something that
interests me greatly and so I await his answers with anticipation.