[b-hebrew] YHWH

Yishmor Y yishmor at heplist.com
Wed Jul 27 10:11:12 EDT 2005

Continuing with the thoughts by Chris Heard about the back and forth
"attacks" about who is wrong and one not knowing the other's history, etc.:

 From my understanding, this list discusses the Hebrew bible it
interpretation, et cetera, with most interpretation through peshat.
Peshat meaning its plain meaning; that is, independent of mystical
interpretations, not needing to first filter it through some third party
church, some third party synagogue, and independent of Little Orphan
Annie decoder rings for them to tell us how we are supposed to interpret
it (regardless of what is actually written). However, the list, from
what I understand, would not bar looking at such interpretations as such
interpretations may contribute to the progression of the discussion.
Archaeological interpretations and parallels would, likewise, be allowed
within the discussion as it may shed light on the discussion.

If one is unable to accept differing interpretations, especially if
someone finds different interpretations unacceptable and distasteful to
even be discussed, this list may not be the list for such a person to be
on. If all that is mentioned in the previous paragraph is more-or-less
true, this is the conclusion one would have to come to because a list as
described in the previous paragraph would have many varied
interpretations which would most likely clash with the dogma of some
third party church or synagogue.

I have no idea where the list rules are, but I'm pretty sure heated
attacks is something that should be avoided. If anything, its probably
best to agree to disagree or ignore the person(s) whom one feels has
offended oneself.

yišmor busi