[b-hebrew] Bibliography request

Heard, Christopher Christopher.Heard at pepperdine.edu
Wed Jul 27 03:07:21 EDT 2005

Dear list members,

As I mentioned in another post, my Ph.D. training was rich in
literary theory and the reading of specific texts, but weak in
linguistic theory. Could those of you more knowledgeable in such
things suggest good starting points for playing catch-up about:

- linguistic theory, especially if illustrated with examples from
biblical Hebrew, but not necessarily so

- discourse analysis

- historical changes in the Hebrew language, especially as it bears
on dating biblical texts by linguistic analysis

- paleography and the history of Hebrew letter forms

- Zwingli (no, I don't really want to know, just throwing Jim West a
bone)

Thank you!

Chris
--