[b-hebrew] Fwd: Re: YHWH

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Tue Jul 26 21:23:29 EDT 2005

On 27/07/2005 02:12, Jim West wrote:

>>And completely ignorant of Judaism, and the Oral Torah, without which
>>YOU are the one who can not understand the Torah
>>

>Actually if you are interpreting texts through the lens of tradition you
>are practicing eisegesis- reading INTO texts.  That is quite a different
>thing than exegesis. Which is, I might remind you, the purpose of this list.

Well, Jim, I can say at least this of you, that you do not discriminate
between religions when attacking the religious beliefs of others. But I
think you should remember that such attacks are NOT the purpose of this
list.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/