[b-hebrew] Fwd: Re: YHWH

Jim West jwest at highland.net
Tue Jul 26 19:41:01 EDT 2005

I don't mean to sound argumentative or unpleasant, but your lines below
demonstrate your complete unfamiliarity with the history of ancient
Israel.  Nor have you read the Hebrew Bible very closely or you would
have noticed, among others, this little passage:

Gen 31:30, 35:2, and Ex 12:12, where God himself recognizes "other
gods".  There was nothing even remotely similar to monotheism in Israel
(henotheism too is a bad term) until well after deutero-isaiah's time.

Please read more carefully.

Shoshanna Walker wrote:

>Sorry, but YOU are the one who is wrong.  The Torah was not written
>by ancient Hebrews or Canaanites walking around the land.
>
>And the Torah definitely knew that there is ONLY one G-d!
>
>And it is terribly misleading of you to deny this fact.
>
>And you should learn more Torah, including ORAL Torah.
>
>Shoshanna

Jim

--
D. Jim West