[b-hebrew] VERBS

Rolf Furuli furuli at online.no
Tue Jul 26 14:00:05 EDT 2005

Dear Joel,

Before I make some comments on your post, I would like to know your answer
to the following questions:

Is your opinion that no classical Hebrew verb has an intrinsic uncancellable
property, such as durativity, dynamicity (change),  or telicity? In other
words, can any classcal Hebrew verb whose Aktionsart/lexical meaning is
durative also have a punctiliar interpretation, and can any verb whose
Aktionsart/lexical meaning implies change have an interpretation that does
not entail change? And can any verb whose Aktionsart/lexical meaning
conceptually includes the end of the action have an interpretation where the
end is not conceptually included?

Best regards

Rolf Furuli
University of Oslo