[b-hebrew] VERBS

Awohili at aol.com Awohili at aol.com
Tue Jul 26 13:30:35 EDT 2005

Having a working hypothesis is a standard research tool.  When the  working
hypothesis is proven by research, this does not render it a  "preconceived
idea" in  the negative sense.  Of course, if the  hypothesis is disproved it is
discarded (or modified).  But if it works, it  works.

While the corpus of biblical Hebrew we have to work with is comparatively
small, it is large enough to yield certain conclusions based on what is
available.  Such conclusions may not apply in every respect to the total,
comprehensive entity of the ancient language.  Yet we have a vivid picture  that
captures frames of a certain epochal period of the history of the  language.

IMO, Rolf makes many convincing arguments on biblical Hebrew, based on a
major sifting and close, detailed examination of the information that is
currently available.

Solomon Landers

In a message dated 07/26/2005 7:14:05 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,