[b-hebrew] dating of matres lectionis

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Tue Jul 26 11:20:24 EDT 2005

OK, so now I'm just bothering you with silly questions - what is  "a
mater lectionis"?

Shoshanna

>... You think it is accidental that the Shem HaMeforash has letters
>in it which are similar to the letters of the word meaning "to be"?

Shoshanna, if your question is for me, no, I don't think this is
accidental. But then I think that the final he is a mater lectionis.
The problem is Yigal's position, which seems to be that the final he
is pronounced but there is no relationship to HYH/HWH. I consider his
position inconsistent.