[b-hebrew] dating of matres lectionis

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Tue Jul 26 11:17:34 EDT 2005

On 26/07/2005 15:35, Shoshanna Walker wrote:

>It probably IS related to that verb, because of the meaning.
>
>... You think it is accidental that the Shem
>HaMeforash has letters in it which are similar to the letters of the
>word meaning "to be"?

Shoshanna, if your question is for me, no, I don't think this is
accidental. But then I think that the final he is a mater lectionis. The
problem is Yigal's position, which seems to be that the final he is
pronounced but there is no relationship to HYH/HWH. I consider his
position inconsistent.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/