[b-hebrew] yhwh pronunciation

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon Jul 25 22:53:22 EDT 2005

Peter:

As I wrote before, I know of an inscription written in
proto-Sinaitic script that has seven words, among which one
has a waw indicating third person singular possessive (if
I'm not mistaken, is that not a mater lectionis?) and one
has a yod in the second person singular perfect to replace
a hey. From this example, I suspect that the use of matres
lectionis well predates the Phoenician use of the alphabet.

Karl W. Randolph.