[b-hebrew] ineffable name - Abba

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Sun Jul 24 20:49:47 EDT 2005

Peter wrote:
"For any word of two or
three syllables must be a common and regularly pronounced word in some
of the world's nearly 7000 languages"

I think this is a very valid point. As we have seen that Yahu is
a very possible pronunciation or shortened form of the name and
we have such common sites as www.YAHOO.com which is pronounced
Yahu.
People who use the search facility may have had both bad and good
experiences with the search engine and may expressed their fellings
about them in no uncertain terms while meaning no personal offense
to Yah himself. Both Christians and Jews of all flavours know and
believe that Yah can read the heart and the mind much easier than
we can read a book and he looks more at our intentions than at our
actions.
Personally, my search for his name is not a mere academic exercise
but the earnest desire to know my best friend's name. When I meet a
person and chat and get along with that person it is normal for me to
want to learn his name in order to build a relationship of friendship
with him/her. Yah has made his name known on many occasion and nothing
he has taught me through his words in the hebrew bible have led me
to believe that he would like me to be estranged from knowing it and
using it in a loving and respectful way. In fact, to be honest I would
find it difficult to communicate with him in prayer on a personal level
without using his name to call upon him.
Of course, all things are possible and it may be that I am wrong and that
I should not use or seek to know his name. But one thing I am sure of
and that is that he knows my motives for using his name and that this
makes his heart glad.
It is true that calling on his name exerts great force but the source of
that power is he himself and the mountains will only crumble if that is
his will and will not be dictated by my chance stumbling upon the correct
pronunciation.

Security System.