[b-hebrew] IaBe = YHWH or IaBe = Jove?

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Sun Jul 24 19:59:37 EDT 2005

In fact, pure single vowels in English pronunciations are very
rare. Most of our vowel sounds which we believe to be one vowel
sound like two vowels together to latin cultures. And most
transliteration policies set by British authorities (usually with
Southern pronunciations) produce very off the mark sounds.

I would say that Peter's assertion that Spanish and Italian sounds
are a better standard to go by as far as Latin is concered. They are
after all their descendents.