[b-hebrew] linux hebrew fonts

Gene Gardner g_gardner1234 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 23 11:49:29 EDT 2005

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Sat Jul 23 08:22:04 EDT 2005

wrote:

With my SuSE distro, I think I had to place some .ttl
files in the
right place but I can't remember where I got them
from.
I'm working with a Slackware distro which is very
hands on and has
little to no focus on GUI admin. Do you know where I
can download
the .ttl fonts to get it working?

Slackware doesn't seem to have a package, or even a
tutorial on using Hebrew fonts (afaik).This means that
you will have to locate the different parts and
install them yourself. The parts you need are
dependent on what software you are using. Most likely
you will need to download the fonts for KDE or GNOME
support first, and then download the font support for
mozilla (firefox). Finally you might need to get the
fonts for open office so that you can type documents
in Hebrew.  Each piece has to be retrieved from the
respective sites:

http://www.kde.org

http://www.gnome.org

http://www.mozilla.org