[b-hebrew] yhwh pronunciation

Uri Hurwitz uhurwitz at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 23 10:48:32 EDT 2005

  In addition  to the well known attestation of YHWH, in Mesha, late ninth century, the name is fully written out in several pre-exilic inscriptions: in Kuntillat Ajrud, c. end ninth- early eighth century ;  in the Arad ostraca, e.g no. 18, late eighth century;  in the Lakhish letters, e.g. no. 2,  during the  the war   mentioned  in Jer. 34: 7, that is c.586 BCE. There are other pre-exilic examples.

  Uri

"B. M. Rocine" <brocine at twcny.rr.com> wrote:

Hi Peter,

The Mesha stele, in line 18, has the Tetragrammaton (all four letters).
Did Rolf respond to your request below? I didn't see a response.

Shalom,
Bryan Rocine