[b-hebrew] Aramaic - Abba

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Fri Jul 22 19:46:59 EDT 2005

Are you saying that Yah has more than 1 name? Do you know the
original pronunciation? I notice that you write 'G-d' instead of
'God'. Is this out of fear of taking his name in vain? I'm
only asking because recently someone in another forum brought
such a practice to my attention and it brought to mind the
original superstition which caused the pronunciation of
such a beautiful name to be lost in the first place.
Do you believe Yah intended for his name to be lost? If so, do
you think he intends to make it known once more in the future or
would we be better just forgetting the matter all together?

I am very interested to hear your feelings on this matter because
it may help me to understand why the hebrews would stop using the
most common word in their writings.