[b-hebrew] Hebrew calender?

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Fri Jul 22 17:04:40 EDT 2005

As far as I know the months were Nisan (Abib), Ivyar (Ziv), Sivan, Tammuz,
 Ab, Elul, Tishri (Ethanim), Heshvan (Bul), Chislev, Tebeth, Shebat, Adar &
Veadar.Each month was 29/30 days and thus a 12 month year
fell approx 11 days short of a complete solar cycle (ie year).
Additional days were added to pad out the year. In post times
the 13th month veadar (or 2nd adar) was introduced to make the year fit
a solar cycle.
You are right in thinking that Nisan was the first month of the year
established by Yah and this is logical really because spring is when
everything springs to life and so is a logical way to start the year.