[b-hebrew] Aramaic - Abba

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Fri Jul 22 12:12:43 EDT 2005

RE: [b-hebrew] Aramaic - AbbaOf course, you read the words of Jesus, as recorded by the evangelists. Assuming that your Greek is good enough to get "behind" the translations and to get a "feel" for the text in Greek, the question of whether Mark intended for Jesus' cry to be formal or not is still more a literary question than a historical one.

Yigal