[b-hebrew] yhwh pronunciation

Vadim Cherny VadimCherny at mail.ru
Wed Jul 20 12:38:51 EDT 2005

Perhaps, final waw is omitted because the ancients recognized it for what it
is, a vowel, 3ms suffix. Iod and hey are another two suffixes.
Similarly, in other instances, hey--mater lectionis--is omitted, leaving
iod-waw, iau. This could be either 1s + old 3ms suffixes, or pure vowels of
1s, 2ms, 3ms suffixes.
In other words, yahu variants are congruent with hypothesis of the
Tetragrammaton as "I, thou, you."

Vadim Cherny