[b-hebrew] yhwh pronunciation

Harold R. Holmyard III hholmyard at ont.com
Wed Jul 20 10:53:49 EDT 2005

Dear Shoshanna,

>Because it's not supposed to be pronounced, especially not for sport,
>and it's not a curiosity, it's got great power

HH: This is a tradition, that YHWH is not to be pronounced. I see
nothing in Scripture that really supports it. The name of God appears
all over Scripture, and people do not seem unwilling to use God's
name. Furthermore, God revealed His name so that we could know it and
use it. It is this tradition that has created the problem of our
current lack of understanding of its pronunciation.

				Yours,
				Harold Holmyard