[b-hebrew] cholam in YHWH

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Mon Jul 18 06:44:26 EDT 2005

On 17/07/2005 00:40, Yitzhak Sapir wrote:

>Is this in the first or second instance of the name in Ex 13:15?
>Because the second instance has a Ravia` which could be confused
>for a Holam.

This is the first occurrence in the verse. The dot cannot be a revia
because the word also carries a mahpak, as is clear from the image.

>Also, this may be the place to point out that there is no copy
>of the Aleppo Codex of Ex 13:15, unfortunately.

Indeed. Martin has posted the complete list of occurrences, saving me
the job. I checked some of the Jeremiah occurrences against a facsimile
of Aleppo. It might be an instructive exercise to check as many as
possible of these references against Aleppo to see of any of them have
holam, but I don't have time to do that.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/