[b-hebrew] Dating Daniel - Response

Robert Heard Christopher.Heard at pepperdine.edu
Mon Jul 11 18:21:24 EDT 2005

Peter Kirk wrote:
>I don't think that anyone who believes that the book of Daniel is the
>inspired word of God would accept that words explicitly attributed to
>Daniel and dated in the book (i.e. most of chapters 7-12) were in fact
>written more than 300 years later.

Peter, in my opinion your statement holds true only if your "anyone"
presupposes that divine inspiration rules out pseudepigraphical
first-person discourse. But why should it? Why should God not have the
option of inspiring first-person pseudepigraphical discourse if God so
chose?

--
R. Christopher Heard
Assistant Professor of Religion