[b-hebrew] More on the findings at Nachal Tut

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 17:19:55 EDT 2005

> But I really doubt he was the only king to produce such seals,
> and in fact I don't see anything in the reports to suggest that the
> seal is "Judahite" at all.

I don't know about the seal, but the jar handles name Zif and
Hebron, both known places from Judea.  The beautifully preserved
seal is one thing.  The jar handles are more puzzling, I think.  And if
this is an intermediary report of ongoing excavations, who knows
what else they will find there?  It is also nice to have such a clear
photo of the seal/signet, better than some pictures in published
reports (which are usually only black/white).

Yitzhak Sapir