[b-hebrew] Oxen & Oxcarts in the Exodus

Vadim Cherny VadimCherny at mail.ru
Sat Dec 31 12:21:16 EST 2005

 Jack,

 As I heard from climatologists, Sinai was not a desert then, but steppe.
Oxen are fine there.

Oxcarts could not cross the Reed Sea: Israelites forded wind-dry marshes,
and Torah specifically mentions that Egyptian chariots -- not anything
else -- were drown there. Egyptian chariots are relatively heavy, thus stuck
in marshes, and oxcarts are still heavier.

 Vadim Cherny