[b-hebrew] Oxen & Oxcarts in the Exodus

tladatsi at charter.net tladatsi at charter.net
Fri Dec 30 20:54:57 EST 2005

Peter,

I am confused by your response.  You seem to be suggesting
that you are disagreeing with me that the Exodus was a
series of miracles.  Your explanations for the appearance
of oxen and carts seems to me to suggest that divine agency
is not at work in the story of the Exodus.  The text of
Genesis (and Numbers) make it quite clear that the author
intended for the reader to understand the events to be
miracles, i.e. events impossible to explain except by the
direct intervention of Yahweh.  As such, things that would
not normally occur, do.  Oxen in the desert would be a
miracle but that would not really be out of place in the
story of Exodus.

So, are you sayig that the story as told in Exodus was not
miraculous or did I mis-understand your posting.

Jack Tladatsi