[b-hebrew] Oxen & Oxcarts in the Exodus

tladatsi at charter.net tladatsi at charter.net
Thu Dec 29 02:56:20 EST 2005

Walter,

I am not certain what is the point of your posting is.  If
we understand the Exodus as a series of miracles by Yahweh
that effortlessly defy scientific explanation then yes, why
not have them have ox carts and oxen in the Sinai?
However, if you are asking could a mob of run away slaves
move ox carts accros an exposed ocean bottom covered in
mud, slime, rocks, and coral and then move those same
carts, with oxen, around the Sinai for weeks, months, or
years without a reliable supply of fodder and water, then I
would say that it is probably not possible.  The Egyptians
could probably move ox carts about the sinai on short term
expidetions, having an well developed logistical support
sytem back in Egypt to support them.

Jack Tladatsi