[b-hebrew] Use of Qahal in Qumran Scrolls

goranson at duke.edu goranson at duke.edu
Thu Dec 15 17:02:57 EST 2005

That book by N. Golb includes factual errors. It misses sectarianism.
And, in my
view, it presents neither good textual nor physical evidence for its prefered
scenario.

But this probably isn't helping Jimmy who asked about qahal in Qumran. Do you
mean word study, such as may be aided by a concordance (Abegg et al, Brill,
2002?), by Theological Dictionary OT and so on? Or do you mean more about the
sectarian organization or history or what?

best,
Stephen Goranson
"Jannaeus, His Brother Absal;om, and Judah the Essene"
http://www.duke.edu/~goranson