[b-hebrew] Use of Qahal in Qumran Scrolls

Herman Meester crazymulgogi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:34:53 EST 2005

Hi Ken,
Idiosyncracy is not an argument pro or against anything; Newton,
Galilei, Chomsky, Sokrates, Jesus, Copernicus, I guess Einstein too,
Lachmann (leading to the 'discovery' of "Q") and quite a lot of
others, had, strictly speaking, idiosyncratic ideas but did cause a
paradigm shift or breakthrough. The Jerusalem hypothesis is very
convincing. Golb put an entire list of strong arguments in his book.
The number of scholars that support a certain theory, too, as they
wanted me to remember well in philosophy class, doesn't mean anything
either. The first scholar that suggested microbes exist was laughed at
by his fellow doctors.