[b-hebrew] Psalms 68

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Thu Dec 15 06:09:35 EST 2005

On 15/12/2005 02:01, Gene Gardner wrote:

>Yitzhak stated:  Finally, it would help to know, when citing translations and comparing them, which translation gives which.  And your transcription of the Hebrew, while consistent, (and we all have Bibles that we can look it up), is still confusing, for example, in using s = Shin and $ = Samekh.  The grave is also commonly used for an Ayin rather than an Aleph as you have it.  The standard transcription scheme for the list is at: http://www.ibiblio.org/bhebrew/  I personally don't mind deviations but the ones I noted above are confusing.    Thank you for the thorough and fact filled explanation Yitzhak. I will take your suggestions for future postings, and observe the list transliteration scheme.

Gene, another tip which would make things easier for other list users:
Please don't write your replies simply as a continuation of what you are
replying to, with no new paragraph marking etc, as above. When this
happens it takes a lot of time to work out what is actual reply, in fact
the message at first looks like a blank reply sent by accident. Note
that this list does not support HTML formatting, so any distinctions of
font, colour etc are lost. I personally like to use the automatic reply
indentation facility which is in many mail programs, as I have used
here. If you don't have anything like this available, you need to mark
your reply in some other clear way.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/