[b-hebrew] Zech 6:8

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Sat Dec 10 22:44:06 EST 2005

Herman:

While spoken language has vowels, Hebrew written
language at the time had only consonants. What both
Steve and I recognize is that the vowels were not added
to the written text until much later. Further, while we claim
that the original autographs were inspired, the copies
were not, and all we have today are copies of copies.
Therefore, we claim that the written vowels were not
inspired.

Looking at ancient transliterations, we see evidence that
the pronunciation preserved by the Masoretes is not the
same as earlier pronunciations, which most likely was not
the same as the pronunciation during Biblical times.

Karl W. Randolph.