[b-hebrew] Lexicon Recommendations

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Sat Dec 10 13:29:55 EST 2005

On Saturday 10 December 2005 11:22, Jimmy Doyle wrote:
> I've always used the BDB.  I remember someone on this list mentioning
> another lexicon that they considered to be superior to BDB.  What lexicons
> and resources are being used by members of this list?

I use Holladay's concise lexicon almost exclusively for reading.  Among other
things, it's a lot easier to carry.  It's basically an abridgement of the
Kohler-Baumgartner lexicon, and it's great for casual reading because it not
only has more up-to-date glosses, but it lists things like nouns under their
own headings so you don't have to go on a fishing expedition every time you
encounter a triliteral root the way you generally have to do with BDB and
such.

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur