[b-hebrew] Judaica searchable CD Rom?

Pere Casanellas pcasanel at xtec.net
Thu Dec 8 16:49:24 EST 2005

Dear Jace,

You can consult and search the Targum online in the excellent
Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon database:
<http://cal1.cn.huc.edu/index.html>.

The excellent BibleWorks program includes (taken from the CAL database)
the Targum Onkelos to the Torah, Jonathan to the Prophets and Targum to
the Hagiographa: <http://www.bibleworks.com>. I think the Targum
database in this program will be improved in the future.

I use the Soncino Talmud and think that it is very helpful and easy to
use. In has the Hebrew/Aramaic text and also the English Soncino
translation and notes.

The Responsa CD12 is a bit complicated to use, does not have any
translation of Hebrew/Aramaic texts and does not include the Targum. It
includes a lot of other texts and has very good search capabilities.

You can find more CDs on Judaica (and the addresses of the last two) on
page 32 of my web pages <http://www.pere.casanellas.com/bible> (see also
page 31).

Best wishes,

--