[b-hebrew] Zech 6:8

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Wed Dec 7 12:49:55 EST 2005

Steve:

I will back up HH in this. Z(Q, though often used in the
context that such a cry was a cry for help, was not in itself
a cry for help. The word for "to cry for help" is $W(.

In Judges 4:13, Siserah cried out, giving commands as
the commander, this was not a cry for help. Again in
Jonah 3:7 the king cried out, giving commands.

In Judges 18:22-23, Mikah"s crying out was one of
complaint, that the tribe of Dan was stealing from him.
He was not calling out to them for help.

Now if I did a full study of all the occurrences, I expect to
find many more such examples. Basically, the verb means
to cry out, and the context tells what is the content of that
crying out.

Karl W. Randolph.