[b-hebrew] word order

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Thu Dec 1 08:22:20 EST 2005

On 01/12/2005 00:49, Dave Washburn wrote:

>On Wednesday 30 November 2005 15:53, you wrote:

>>Not actually to answer the question - but I just looked at
>>Heimerdinger's treatment of this issue ("Topic, Focus and Foreground in
>>Ancient Hebrew Narrative", p.25), and he notes that Muraoka excludes
>>WAYYIQTOL clauses from his investigation but still consludes that V-S is
>>the basic word order.
>>

>Is that the Jouon-Muraoka grammar, his book on emphatic constructions, or some
>other?

Heimerdinger references Muraoka's 1985 book "Emphatic Words and
Structures in Biblical Hebrew" (Jerusalem: Magnes Press). He also writes
in a footnote "Thus view is reiterated in Joüon and Muraoka (1991: 579,
par. 155k)".

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/