[b-hebrew] 1 Chronicles 21 - &+N revisited

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Fri Aug 26 21:49:41 EDT 2005

Harold:

There's a difference between counting all the people who
take part in a special event, such a making David king, and
making a census of all the people. Further, there was no
prohibition on numbering all the aliens (foreigners) living
among Israel. What David did wrong was number all the people,
rather he ordered Joab to do so.

Did any other king make a census of Israel? All I remember
is that they numbered only those who turned out for battle,
not the whole people.

Karl W. Randolph.