[b-hebrew] spaces or no spaces

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Fri Aug 26 10:55:53 EDT 2005

Susan:

The oldest Semitic documents using the Hebrew alphabet that
I know of had either spaces, or symbols to represent the
spaces, between words. However, not all of it was carefully
written, just as handwriting today can make the space so
small as to make it unrecognizable. Short graffiti is the
major exception as much of it was not careful.

Karl W. Randolph.