[b-hebrew] XSD

Jim West jwest at highland.net
Wed Aug 24 15:38:02 EDT 2005

Peter Kirk wrote:

>>I have not noticed any compound lexemes in Biblical Hebrew.
>>Has anyone else in this forum found any such?
>>

> I am amazed, Karl. I have noticed several. For an immediate example,
> MILLE' YAD for "ordain".

Isn't there a difference between a phrase and a compound lexeme?  You
have cited a phrase which is rendered in English as "ordain" but in
Hebrew it simply means "fill the hands".  Are you suggesting that if a
word in English is the manifestation of a phrase in Hebrew that it is a
compound lexeme?

--
Jim West, ThD

Biblical Studies Resources -  http://web.infoave.net/~jwest