[b-hebrew] God vs gods

Heard, Christopher Christopher.Heard at pepperdine.edu
Tue Aug 23 23:20:30 EDT 2005

Yitzhak,

It's not me making the association, it's the Seleucids ... or at
least, according to my memory, the Seleucids identified Greek Zeus
with Syrian Baal Shamayim. I am at home right now so I am working
from memory but I will see if I can dig up bibliography tomorrow.

Chris

--
R. Christopher Heard
Assistant Professor of Religion