[b-hebrew] XSD

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon Aug 22 10:53:47 EDT 2005

Peter:

In Leviticus 20:17 is the XSD connected with the incest or
the punishment? If with the incest then yes, it refers to a
negative, but if with the punishment, then it is undeserved
good favor to banish them when they deserve death.

In Proverbs 14:34 I understand as "Justice exults a nation,
but undeserved good favor of peoples errs." The root meaning
of X+) is to miss the mark, to err from which the theological
meaning of sin is a derivative. (The New Testament use of
hAMARTIA is a parallel to this use, a direct copy of Hebrew
usage.) This is one of the cases where I think translating
using the theological understanding errs.

Karl W. Randolph.