[b-hebrew] Just a clarification about YHWH and Jews

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Mon Aug 22 05:53:22 EDT 2005

Dear Sergio,

Thanks for the clarification. The same is true for Jewish tradition. Since
Jewish tradition (at least since the Second Temple period) universally
prohibits the pronunciation of the "Ineffable Name", using "Adonai",
"Hashem" etc. instead, the entire discussion, while interesting (up to the
point at which it became tediously repetitive), is entirely academic.

Yigal