[b-hebrew] Just a clarification about YHWH and JWs

Sesamo m. sesamox at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 04:29:02 EDT 2005

Dear list members,

Some weeks ago, during the discussion about the pronunciation of YHWH,
Jehovah's witnesses were mentioned among other groups. This is just to
clarify that we (since I'm one of JWs) don't have any doctrine related to
the Hebrew pronunciation. We use the form "Jehovah" just because it is the
traditional form, the most common and most widely used in a lot of languages
in the world, not because we supposedly believe YeHoWaH was the original
pronunciation. Our publications have never claim that, and the issue of what
could have been the original pronunciation is just a question of curiosity
for us. If a form like YaHWeH, YaHo or whatever could be proved it didn't
have an impact in our set of beliefs.
A little off-topic, but since we've been alluded I decided to clear this up.

Sergio