[b-hebrew] 5 scrolls or 1

Sujata shevaroys at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 09:02:04 EDT 2005

Chris,
I agree, however, my (b) does not stand alone by
itself, but stands in the context of there being a
traditional belief that the Torah was one scroll.

Yes, God could have created us as amphibians, but that
is not an age old belief unlike the single scroll
Torah. The single scroll is a thousands of years old
belief and it is doable, so needs to be refuted with
evidence.

Deu 31:26 talks of a single scroll. In the early days,
the scroll would have existed only in the Tabernacle
and not with individuals or groups of individuals.

11Q1 I think is a 1st/2nd century partial scroll, not
a complete one.

Best wishes,
Sujata

--- "Heard, Christopher"