[b-hebrew] Aaron & the Ark

tladatsi at charter.net tladatsi at charter.net
Sat Aug 20 11:35:53 EDT 2005

Thank you for your email.  You are of course correct.
However, what I was wondering about is if the definite
aritcle prefix Ha is added, it is pretty close to being an
anagram, especially if it is unpointed.  Sorry, I was just
reading Numbers 10:35 late at night and I thought it said *
* When Aaron set out Moses said.. * but did not seem right.
Then I realized I had inverted Aleph and the He.

> From: George F Somsel <gfsomsel at juno.com>
> Date: 2005/08/20 Sat AM 07:03:39 EDT
> To: tladatsi at charter.net
> CC: b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org
> Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Aaron & the Ark
>
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 2:06:30 -0400 <tladatsi at charter.net>
writes:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there some connection between *the ark* (Ha A Ro N)
and
> > *Aaron* (A Ha Ro N).  They are anagrams.
> >
> > I have seen no clear derivation of Aaron.
> >
> > The derivation of ark I have read ARAH - *to gather *,
then
> > an ark is place to gather things together.  What rule
makes
> > a noun with an -ON ending from a weak root?  Or is this
not
> > a real derivation?
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Jack Tladatsi
>
> In Hebrew Aaron is )H:aRoN and ark is ):aRoWN.  In other
words, the
> Hebrew word for "ark" lacks the Heh which appears as the
second radical